Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mood Raya

I took mom to Midvalley last weekend. As soon as we entered MV, instantly I can feel the Raya Mood in the air with Mat Jais’s ‘Selamat Hari Raya’ song playing on the loud speaker, with all the hanging ketupat and baju melayu decorations plus the in saintly delicious smell of raya cookies. The best thing that contributes the most to the whole look and feel was the Kampung setting in the middle of Centre Court. Its not like I’ve never seen a Kampung house before, but the setting brought back all the memoirs of spending my raya in Kampung during my childhood. Now there’s no more kampong house in my kampong. Bungalows, terraces and high rise condominiums had taken the place of our traditional houses. *Sigh*

We’ll know we’re in raya mood when all cookies & kerepeks dealers start to distribute their orders, and soon, everybody will start queuing their way in banks or money changers for some new change of ringgit bills, the bus station will be crowded with people trying to get home on time for raya, the main highways will be extraordinary crowded with vehicles and the sound of firecrackers or sometimes an illegal loud pipe canon will fill up the air at night.

Alas, even with the raya mood is in the air, I’ll be fairly broke this raya … *LOL* I’m saving for the big event after raya :) Beli kuih raya hutang boleh tak? *LOL*


The 'Rumah Kampong' set at Centre Court MV


Catz: I have a kampong ke?

No comments: