Saturday, September 22, 2007

Putu

Ramadhan: Day 10 | Drink: Mango juice | Main Course: Pasta, Putu Bambu | Venue: Home

I was so excited to find Putu Bambu … one of my favorite kuih right here in KT’s pasar Ramadhan.

Putu Bambu are made from ground rice flour and steamed in bamboo tubes hence the name Putu Bambu. It’s soft and has cottony texture with palm sugar filling. It’s normally served hot with grated fresh coconut and sugar.

I guess there are many variants of Putu but all are made of the same basic ingredients, they only differ on the mould and presentations (eg: Putu Piring & Putu Bambu).


Bought this at Pasar Ramadhan this evening. It should have a cylinder shape like a bamboo, but the makcik wrapped it up too tight forcing the bottom layer to crush(pecah & penyek) ... *LOL* ... I love 'em anyway ... delicious!


My juadah berbuka puasa ... home made pasta and Peel Fresh Tropical mango juice ... what you guys have for berbuka? :)


Catz: puasa nasi

No comments: