Saturday, July 07, 2007

Cooked

I bumped into my neighbor today on my way up to the sixth floor. She’s joking around making a remark that she never saw me cooking at home. The other two ladies with her gave me a smile, feeling sorry for me of my neighbor’s remark. I know she had nothing against me and I didn’t take it personally, but must she said it in front a group of young mothers? Ala you dropped my water face larrrrr …. (gaya ala-ala iklan astro)*LOL*.

I admit I’m not really a great cook, but I do cook for myself sometimes. The next time I’m in the kitchen, I need to make more noise, increase a notch of the volume, just to make sure that my neighbor hears it …. *LOL*

This weekend, I spent most of the time hibernating indoors. When I’m hungry I cooked and when I’m not hungry I slept :))) not healthy huh?

There’s nothing much to do the whole weekend. Most of the tribe mates went back to KL. Thinking of spending the weekend in KL, but my family is coming for a visit next week. So hibernating was the best choice of activity … *LOL*


I made this for lunch on Friday. Its actually a blend of low carb fusilli cooked with lots of tomatoes, chicken chunks and baby carrots. Sometimes I cooked 'Malaysian Style' pasta, a recipe which would remind me of my college years. Irda (my housemate) used to cook it for us almost everyday. Back in those years in the States we usually used spaghetti or any other pasta as replacements for mee, laksa & meehun.

I've been experimenting some french toast recipes over breakfast. I used to make them when I worked for Brough Common (dining hall) at the University. Looks like I still have the touch :) just need a lot of practise je ... *LOL*. Sorry, no photos guys! I’m so busy drooling myself over my long craving for French toast. :) (Tak sempat bergambar dah ngap!)

Catz: It takes two to cook; A cook and someone to eat it ... hahaha

No comments: